Saturday, March 21, 2009

Are Parties Really Fun When You Can't Eat Cake?

So...

Today was my mom's fiftieth birthday party, and it's the first time I've been out since I've had surgery.

I want to know if I'm alone... are parties as much fun if you can't eat the cake?

I kept watching people eat tonite, longing to taste potato chips, dip, barbecue, cake, ice cream, soda, and more...

I was sad alot of the time everyone was eating, I sat there eating my slice of cheese and lunch meat wondering if I made the right decision. I keep trying to live by the mantra of nothing tastes as good as thin feels but I wanted a piece of that friggin cake!!!!

I don't know what the alternative for comfort food is, I don't know if I have anything to comfort myself with at the moment, I'm trying to think this is worth it and I know eventually it will be, but will I ever feel normal again?

Can I go to a dinner party? I mean ever again, what about the holidays? Will they be this depressing?

I guess it's more to think about... I'm gonna go listen to people in stickam.

Peace out all... :?(

Weight Today: 466.2 Down: 34 lbs since surgery Down: 56 lbs since Jan 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment